Sunday, June 12, 2016

Creative Recharging


One of the most powerful lessons I've learned in the past year is that I cannot create nonstop.  I cannot work on the same thing for a whole work day.  I cannot put in a 40 hour creative work week.  I must do a creative recharge.  {With the recharge I can sometimes do 50 or 60 hours of creating, and some very long days, but I have to know when and how to recharge.

The past few days I spent my time just being a mom, building drip castles, eating ice cream, beach combing for glass and shells  {and heart shaped rocks}, picnicing in the shadow of a light house, watching ridiculous cartoons, visiting fairy gardens, and the such.

I did not blog or write or paint or market my art or courses.  I just was.  I was doing a full on creative recharge.  [I fought this and resisted, but in the end I surrendered.]

I am now officially ready for my summer work to begin.  This week I start camp at the Wayne Center for the Arts.  I also start  Just 4 Girls Yoga:  Sheroes Series this Thursday.  Next week I start Meeting and Making Masterpieces, a kids' art class starts next Monday and Summer Camp for Teachers starts next Wednesday.  I'm also brewing a variety of projects around recycled/upcycled art and rumblings of writings.  {More revealed soon!}

How and when do you recharge?  What fuels your creativity when the well runs dry?

1 comment:

Camp Quarantine Creative Videos

So here we are in these crazy times.  It's been sooooo  looooooong since I've posted anything here.  I was waiting to get a clean...