Friday, July 28, 2017

Community Art

Dear Community Art,

I love you.  I hate you.  You scare me.  You steal my control--which feel like power so it's hard to surrender.

Sincerely,

Brave Mim

I just finished coordinating a community art project.  In collaboration with Summit Artspace on Tusc and Barberton Better Block, I was gifted the privilege of inviting everyone to make some community art by painting picnic tables.

It was a huge project that took so many more hours that I could have ever anticipated.  It did not turn out in any way shape or form as I would have imagined, but it was a big success!

What is community art?  It is a creative journey in which one person coordinates in some crazy way the creative vision of all the other participants into some sort of cohesive vision and product.  Do you see how this might get complicated?!

Lots of little people and a few big people came out to make this experience a success.  HUGE gratitude to everyone who came out and shared their creativity and supported the creativity of others!  You can see all of these tables, and the tables created by professional local artists at Barberton Better Block on July 28, 5 - 10 p.m and July 29, all day.  After the event they will move to parks around Barberton.  Enjoy some photos below that will convey the spirit of the project!

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Camp Quarantine Creative Videos

So here we are in these crazy times.  It's been sooooo  looooooong since I've posted anything here.  I was waiting to get a clean...