Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Lakeside Plein Air Festival

Sailboats Under Tree, $190  Available at Miss Mercedes, Lakeside, Ohio


 I have grown to love painting outside or, as the French would say, en plein air.  It's funny to think that a couple years ago I didn't know if I could do it.  I certainly don't see any other artists adopting my techniques, and I'm okay with that.  

This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I will be painting in one of my absolute favorite places--Lakeside, Ohio.  This year I am adopting a go smaller approach.  I will be focusing on small scenes with my 4 x 4 and 4 x 12 canvases.  I hope to also paint a couple 16 x 20 pieces.  I can't wait to get there and see what will inspire me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camp Quarantine Creative Videos

So here we are in these crazy times.  It's been sooooo  looooooong since I've posted anything here.  I was waiting to get a clean...