Friday, July 24, 2015

Passionate About Papermaking



So I can remember exactly when I started making paper.  I was a nanny in Plantation, Florida, and I went into an environmentally friendly store that was way ahead of its time in 1994.  They had papermaking kits that I wish I could find now.  I bought it and tore up so many different kinds of paper and tried so many different techniques until I found something I really liked.

I connected with two other women who made cards, and together we started a little company called Kindred Spirits.  We sold at craft shows and bridal shows and to a few friends.

I never lost the interest.  I have since made paper with hundreds of kids or more.  I'm not even sure why I thought it would be fun to share this at ACoT, but I have shared it many Sunday afternoons with little groups of people.

Now you have the chance to join me in a couple not stop hours of papermaking.  I think people will be able to make a wide variety of paper.  My hope is to share my passion and ignite enthusiasm in others.  I'd love to have you join the fun on Tuesday, July 28, from 11 am to 1 pm.  The cost is $20.  You can sign up HERE.

In addition to making sheets that are about 5 x 7 we will make gift tags and mini cards.  Let's spend a fun few hours together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camp Quarantine Creative Videos

So here we are in these crazy times.  It's been sooooo  looooooong since I've posted anything here.  I was waiting to get a clean...