Thursday, May 19, 2016

Vortex of Bliss

 

I finished this painting today.  The background sat in my dining room for about a month just waiting for the top layers.  I decided to name it Vortex of Bliss.  I love the idea of all kinds of stuff being sucked in and filling us with bliss, peace, and total contentment so that we can go out and share the overflow of all that love with the world around us.

Who knew that a title could mean something so different to Sam.  When I told him the title he said, "That could be really scary."  I asked him what he meant, and he said it would be really scary if all the good stuff got sucked out of the world.  I totally agree!  I then told him that this vortex was working in reverse to bring even more beauty and love and light into the world.  I'm not sure he is convinced, but it's always interesting to see how far apart our perspectives are on most things.

This piece has many rich layers under these top images.  You can see some of it in the photos of details below.  It's also fairly large for me--2 x 3 feet.






I hope you feel a vortex of all things good overflowing into your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camp Quarantine Creative Videos

So here we are in these crazy times.  It's been sooooo  looooooong since I've posted anything here.  I was waiting to get a clean...