Tuesday, October 31, 2017

What is NaNoWriMo 2017



You might be wondering what NaNoWriMo is all about.  It stands for National Novel Writing Month, and every November thousands of people write like crazy in an amazing and supportive community environment.  The goal is to write at least 50,000 during this month and complete the first draft of a novel.  People approach this in many different ways.  Some people plan and prep for weeks in advance.  I'm one of those people who plans to just wing it.

Two years ago I participated for the first time.  It was such a fascinating journey for myself and my plot and characters.  I will always remember the day that I unexpectedly killed off an important character.  As I typed I couldn't believe what was spilling out.  To me that is the power and pleasure of the experience.

And so, starting tomorrow, I will try to write about 1500 - 2000 words every day for a month.  I already know that it is doable.  I also know that sometimes 1500 words is close to mission impossible.

I will share word totals from time to time.  All I have so far is a single idea, and the plan to write one chapter a day for the month.  This will also be a book geared toward children.

If you want to try your hand at writing, join the fun:

https://nanowrimo.org/sign_up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camp Quarantine Creative Videos

So here we are in these crazy times.  It's been sooooo  looooooong since I've posted anything here.  I was waiting to get a clean...